Free Health and Wellness Consultation
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network provides free consultations to small businesses to integrate health and wellness into the backbone of their business at any stage.
- Want to enhance your business’s health and wellness? Request an appointment here.
Governor's Health and Wellness Awards
Award small businesses and communities efforts to obtain a culture of health through statewide recognition. The awarded winners will receive Governor’s proclamation at a public event, press release and a featured story on OEDITs website.
Governor’s Healthy Community Award 2018: Applications Closed & In Review
2017 Healthy Community Award Winner: Garfield County
Governor’s Healthy Small Business Award 2018: Applications to Open Soon
2017 Healthy Small Business Award Winner: Avid4 Adventure
Why Health and Wellness?
- OEDIT defines health and wellness as comprehensive and inclusive circle of well-being including: mental, spiritual, emotional, social, environmental, financial and physical aspects.
- For businesses to survive and thrive, it is essential to nourish and cultivate human energy and support wellness of their employees in all dimensions.
Benefits of Health and Wellness
Subtle changes in the workplace culture can lead to big impact on business and communities. The workplace is an ideal and critical environment to help develop healthy habits.
When businesses integrate a holistic healthy lifestyle into their employee’s lives it is proven to influence the following benefits:
- Enhanced employee productivity
- Reduced absenteeism
- Reduction in medical costs
- Increased employee retention and attraction
- Elevated employee morale
- Enhanced Employee Happiness and Satisfaction
- Heightened customer loyalty
- Cultivate passion and culture of well-being